FREAK PHOTOGRAPHY X VLOCITY | Academy of Art Project



"im sad"...On the contrary-I'm really not 


Freak Photography collaboration | Art Institute Project: Shoes

Collaborator Background// Photographer Trenton Kakazu's is a transfer student from Kanhoe, Hawaii and is now attending the San Francisco Academy of Arts. Although he is a student, he also has his professional photography business/brand on the side, Freak Photography. He specializes in motion/sports photography and continues to grow in his skills with is own creative twist. Find more of his work on Facebook and his Website.

How We Met// I met Trenton at a club I am in called City Cru. It is a branch of the organization Campus Crusades based on college Christian outreach.


After Wednesday service we started talking about college and our majors-networking from there. Instantly I saw Trenton's passion for photography and we continued to keep in contact.

  Shoes Featured// Buckled Boots- Forever 21

Having Fun with Fish Eye

*dramatic hair flip*- take 5



 Trenton's strength of action/sports photography put to the test. 

OVEREXPOSED IN THE DEEP END
I loved how these pictures turned out! I remember how excited I was when I saw the camera roll. He is one of the few photographers that I personally know that can make over-exposure as an effect work.

Location: Point Bonita, Golden Gate Recreation Area, California 94941
Hiking around the beautiful coastal view, a couple of my friends and I found this underground, old military bunker filled with graffiti art. The bunker was such a hard contrast from the breath-taking naturesque get-away, we were surprised in finding it. It was a prime photo shoot area, and I was obsessed. 

Styled Outfit// Efflorescence



Floral-girly juxtaposition against the rough gratified walls. Subtly mixing patterns with  stripes and botanicals. 
Supporting and loving the kimono trend still.There's something effortless and elegantly feminine about the Japanese silhouette that draws me in. I love I can just complete a simple outfit or bring it to the next level by throwing that piece over.

(p.s.- I spy my last name)

Floral Kimono- De Masque
Stiped Crop Top- Thrifted (Cross Roads)
Easy Jeans- American Apparel


Letter to the Collaborator

Trenton,

 It was wonderful working with you! Thank you so much for taking these awesome shots, sharing your talent, and dealing with my perfectionist/nitpicky self from time to time. I'm usually used to being behind the camera for photo shoots with styling and directing from ET Couture, but this experience definitely loosened up my comfort zone. It was really great working with a fellow artist, and I look forward in networking with you in the future. You are very knowledgeable with your equipment, and I can't wait to see your skills grow even more.

Sincerely,
Victoria Lo

Bloops x Victoria Moments

 

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN,
I PRESENT YOU......
THE REAL VICTORIA LO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your support and comment!

All photographs taken by Victoria Lo unless otherwise stated. 2012. Powered by Blogger.